We are seeking mid-level healthcare providers (NP or PA) who has experience in cardiology or a related specialty, preferably with medical practice or clinic experience. We are located in Gulfport on the Mississippi Gulf Coast. We offers an exceptionally friendly, compassionate and professional work environment.
The NP/PA providers renders medical care to patients within the clinical setting of the hospital and clinic and is responsible for assessment of the patients in conjunction with the physician and provides care for each identified patient.
- Functions independently to perform history and physical for complex acute and chronically ill patients.
- Orders and interprets diagnostic and therapeutic tests relative to patient’s needs.
- Prescribes appropriate pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatment modalities
- Implements interventions to support the patient to regain or maintain physiologic stability, including but not limited to serving in the first assisting role.
- Monitors the effectiveness of interventions.
- Facilitates the patient’s transition within and between health care settings, e.g. admitting, transferring, and discharging patients.
- Collaborates with other staff member
- Facilitates staff, patient and family decision making by providing educational tools.
- Follow the instructions of the supervising physician and perform the tasks delegated by them.
The Minimum Nurse Practitioner qualifications include:
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing
- Successful completion of a Masters in nursing program
- must have successfully completed at least 700 clinical practice hours (preferred)
- current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Mississippi as a nurse practitioner
- Minimum 12 months clinical experience in a Nurse Practitioner role, or 3 years as a staff RN ICU or telemetry if a new NP graduate
- able to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients
- the ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s status
- ability to problem solve for patients with competent disorders
- ability to interpret physician’s instructions
- practices using standard nursing principles, practices, and procedures
- Working knowledge of an EHR system
- Salary: To be discussed based on credentials and hiring entity (see employer’s page for more info)
- Location: Main office is in Gulfport, MS. Satellite clinics in Hancock, Harrison, Jackson and Stone counties
We currently have 8 mid-level providers. This position is currently closed. If this status changes, careers newsletter subscribers and this website Job Seekers level members will b notified.
We anticipate to open a new position in September 2020.